Friday, October 2, 2009

What are Enterprise IT Geeks Obsessed With Today?

I've been swamped at work responding a RFP in which I am writing about security, C&A, CMMI, ISO, and a host of other things. I needed a break when I saw that a new question just popped up on the ebizQ forum:

"What are Enterprise IT Geeks Obsessed With Today?"

LOL... Now how could I possibly answer this question? :)

However, if in some parallel universe, I were an Enterprise IT Geek then I would be obsessed with:

A. Justifying all of the acronyms we have today,
B. Coming up with new and improved reasons as to why all the above are still not enough to create an "enterprise" solution on time and on budget, and
C. A program that generates new, sensible sounding acronyms that I would say are essential to getting what I stated was missing in B (above)

This would be an iterative process in its entirety and in between stages and its implementation would beg, borrow, and steal from the best-of-breed Agile processes (XP, Scrum, etc.).

But then, as I stated before, I'm not a Geek, so what would I know? :)

Enough said... now it's time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment